Designed and manufactured by Nitto, a trusted name in the industry, and it's tailored to meet the needs of the aftermarket aircraft sector. With its impressive features and certifications, the P421 tape is the go-to choice for professionals seeking top-tier performance and reliability.
- High Temperature Resilience: The Nitto P421 tape is engineered to excel in high-temperature environments. It can operate effectively even under extreme heat, making it a preferred choice for applications where temperature resistance is paramount.
- Low Friction Surface: Featuring a PTFE backing, this tape creates an exceptionally slick surface. This property is invaluable in applications where materials need to move swiftly, reducing equipment wear and enhancing overall efficiency.
- Chemical Resistance: The P421 tape is virtually impervious to most chemical attacks, including acids, solvents, fuels, and alkalies. This resilience ensures longevity and performance in diverse industrial settings.
The Nitto P421 tape boasts a robust construction, comprising a PTFE film and cured silicone adhesive. Applications: The versatility of the P421 tape is evident in its wide range of applications, including but not limited to:
- Roller Protection: Use it wherever a slick surface is required to facilitate the movement of materials, reducing equipment wear and enhancing efficiency.
- Electrical Applications: Ideal for high-temperature applications with medium gauge magnet wires in larger components, ensuring reliable electrical connections.
- Anti-Vibration Cushion: Employ it as an anti-vibration cushion, gasket for flanges, joints, and clamp connectors, enhancing structural integrity.
- Heat Sealing: As a high-temperature release surface on heat sealer bars and rollers, it ensures clean and efficient sealing.
- Corrosion Prevention: Prevents electrolytic corrosion of dissimilar metals and serves as a protective masking solution in chemical cleaning or electroplating processes.
Certifications and Specifications:
- Backing Material: PTFE Film Adhesive
- Cured Silicone Color: Gray
- Total Tape Thickness: 6.8 mil (0.17 mm)
- UL-510 & CSA-C-22-2
- Government Specifications CID-A-A-59474C Type I, Class 4 (Replaces obsolete MIL-T-23594C Type I, Class 4)
- ASTM D2686
- Boeing Specifications BAC 5034-4 Type VII, Class 2/ BAC 5157/ BAC 5153/ BAC 5158
Storage and Application Tips:
For optimal results, store the Nitto P421 tape in conditions between 50°F-80ºF (10°C-27ºC) with a relative humidity of 25-50%, away from direct sunlight. Ensure that the application surface is clean, free of oil, moisture, and dirt before applying the tape. Apply pressure during installation, and allow sufficient time for full adhesive strength to develop. Note that this tape may not adhere well to extremely uneven or distorted surfaces.
There are no download types with downloads for this product.
No restrictions set.