Senior Imports / Exports Administrator
Hours of Work
9:30am to 6:00pm - Monday to Friday (you may be required to do additional hours both weekday and weekends to support the region)
As Senior Imports/Exports Administrator you will be responsible to organise the freight in accordance with our company and customer's requirements for both domestic and international shipments.
Your routine tasks will involve preparing and overseeing shipping documents, invoices, airway bills, dangerous goods notes and enclosing manufacturer's certificate of conformity.
- To organise a safe and secure transportation of all shipments
- To produce all documentation - Despatch Notes, Invoices, Airway Bills, Dangerous Goods Notes etc.
- Extracting Country of Origin, Tariff codes and Value for customs when required.
- Ensuring shipments are processed in a time manner to meet company’s expectations and KPIs.
- Liaise with all freight agents and couriers for collection of the shipments and dealing with any queries that arise.
- To provide customers with details of Airway bills and any other relevant documentation
- To coordinate with the warehouse team in the preparation of shipping documents
- Issuing custom clearance instructions for all imports and exports of the company
- Ensuring a smooth flow of paperwork for shipments and working closely with the Warehouse Manager
- Any other duties assigned by the Logistics Manager/Operations Director
Competencies and Key Skills
- Experience within the Supply Chain Management or Logistics is compulsory
- Thorough understanding of export and import requirements, and customs procedures
- Understanding of international regulation for carriage of hazardous material
- Knowledge of custom bonded warehouses and transportation by land, sea, and air
- A good knowledge and experience of administering UK compliance and export control requirements
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
- Computer literacy, which also involves adequate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Performance is a key factor in this role
- Demonstration of a high level of flexibility to meet business requirements
- Comply and adapt to the company, suppliers and customers’ requirements
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively liaise with all external parties and co-workers.
- An initiative and proactive approach to the completion of daily duties
- A methodical and consistent approach to ensure all records & entries are of a high standard
How To Apply
If you wish to be considered for this Senior Imports / Exports Administrator role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.